Wednesday, April 3, 2019

My Heart Episode 10


MY HEART
Episode 10
.
.
story by Japhy
.
"say something Courtney," i said almost in a whisper.
"yes Brown am Courtney, the one you've known before. But what else now huh?," she said rudely.
"i just want us to set things right between us, i want us to be friends again," i said while she looked at me.
"we can talk about this some other time," she said then quickly rushed out of the office. I heaved a sighed then sat down on my chair, i can't understand why she wasn't happy to see me after a very long time.
.
.
Courtney's POV
That Brown is really something else, what else did he want from me, i said to myself so pissed off as i threw my purse on my bed then removed my shoes. Now that he knows am the one then what else!. I took my bath then dressed in my pyjamas and went down to dad study room to played his piano and calm myself down. The memories of my childhood days flash through my brain and i remembered Brown who has always been their for me, a lot of things has changed now. I kept playing the piano when dad walked in.
"so how did it go on? he asked while i smiled.
"it was good dad, it such nice place i really like it," i smiled.
"seems you like music just like me," he said then sat down on a chair.
"yes dad, only music seems to comfort my heart," i said.
"look Courtney, you'll soon be fine, am still looking into something cos i want you to do this surgery just the way the doctor suggested so you could free again," he said while i felt happy but at the same time sad, i don't know if am gonna survive after this heart surgery, maybe i might never survive it.
"thanks dad, i really don't know what else i would have ever done without you," i said with teary eyes. I sometimes wonder why this good man is so unfortunate to have a good wife and a good daughter.
"but dad why is mom, grandma and Loren this mean, why are you so different from them? i asked while he looked at me, he look so sad.
"i was just thinking about the family i once had with Rose, she was the woman i have always loved, she was three months pregnant when i travelled for a business trip which was urgent at Brazil, it just took me two weeks but before i return i was told about my wife's death, and that was when Tracy my ex girlfriend they one my parents has always wanted me to marry told me she was pregnant for me. It wasn't easy at first losing my precious wife with my unborn baby then getting married to someone you don't love anymore. But i still have to accept what life offers me, that was how i got married Tracy and we had Loren," he said, he was deeply hurt and that make me feel bad.
"am really sorry dad, that really hurt to lose the people you love so much, am really sorry about everything," i said then stood up and walked up to him.
"it okay Courtney, i have gotten over it, am now fine still managing with Tracy and Loren. I love Loren so much and everything am doing it because of her. I would have divorce Tracy for a long time if not for Loren, i don't want her to miss anything in life, i want her to always be with her mom and dad. I don't want her to get affected whenever i and Tracy quarell am actually doing everything a father should do for his own daughter but Tracy seems to blind her eyes not to see all these," he said. I know dad has always loved Loren even more than me, i wish they could just understand him for once, i hate to see dad being so sad like this, it always break my heart.
"dad i will try to talk to Loren maybe she will hear me out this time, but i want you to be happy you can't keep on being sad just because of them," i sad while he smiled.
"at least am happy to have a good daughter like you, you're my inspiration Courtney and each time i see you give me more hope that one day this family will be complete," he said while tears slide down my cheeks and i hugged him.
"it okay dad," i said in between tears then smiled as i placed my fingers on the piano to played them. It seems we have things in common with dad, i sometimes feel so attached to him.
.
.
Loren's POV
I went to check on dad in his study room and meet him with Courtney, he was seated while Courtney was playing the piano. Courtney always act like the good girl and i don't know why dad loves her so much, he don't even spent time with me the way he did with her. An outsider can't just come and steal away my dad from me, i quickly walked in without saying to her then i slapped her so hard on her cheeks and began to dragged her hair.
"just let me go," she yelled trying to struggle with me but i pushed her down, i don't care if she has a heart disease and i don't care if she'll gonna die, i kept dragging her hair until dad came to stopped me but i refuse the next thing he did was to slap me which shocked me most.
"now get out of here," dad yelled at me, i held my cheeks and hurriedly walked out of them to mom's room.
"mom," i said crying holding my cheeks.
"what happen? mom asked looking so concern.
"dad slapped me, he did just because of Courtney," i said in tears while mom hugged me.
"Wilson and Courtney will pay for this," she said with a smirk as she quickly rushed to them in his study room.
"what the hell was that? mom shouted at dad while i stood behind her.
"Loren, and what the hell did you just did. You know about Courtney condition why will you do that to her," dad yelled looking at me.
"because you've always love her right when we were kids, she's your favourite and you've always chose her over me, why dad? am i not your child! i yelled in tears while he looked at me. Maybe feeling sorry for what he did.
"but you shouldn't have done that to her," he said while mom glare at Courtney was sitting down on a couch with her hair scattered and she was already panting, she's such a pretender and i hate her so much. Dad should have allow me kill her today.
"it okay dad, i think it all my fault, you shouldn't be spending time with me but with your real daughter instead," Courtney said then manange to stood up.
"Wilson were you trying to kill my daughter because of this outsider, this weakling, someone who is just counting down her days to die," mom said with so much hatred.
"stop it Tracy, now you should all leave," my dad yelled while mom glare at him then held my hands before we left. Dad can be something else atimes.
.
I went to my room still wondering why my own dad will slapped me because of a girl he once picked in a street, this make me cried the more, i really love dad so much and i can't stand to see him with Courtney everyday, she keep on stealing everything away from me but i will never allow that, i won't allow dad to be close to her again, who knows if she's his next of kin, that won't happen not when am alive. I wipe away my tears then called Anita and told her about the incident.
.
.
Anita's POV
"He did just because of that useless girl," i shouted feeling so angry, gosh! i hate that girl from the start. Loren has always told me how her father like that girl so much since when they were kids.
"don't allow this to get you, you're in the same house with the bitch just make her pay. Make her life miserable," i said while Loren laughed sarcastically.
"i know what to do Anita, am gonna tell you something important tomorrow," she said while i smiled.
"so who were you speaking with? i heard Brown husky voice from behind.
"hey that non of your business," i said then dropped my phone.
"why are you supporting someone to make one's life miserable, this not the good sister i once know," Brown said while i rolled my eyes, he can sometimes to be so funny.
"i need some rest Brown, please just let me be," i said.
"okay then if you said so," he said then stood up and went to his room.
.
Brown's POV
I don't know what Anita is hiding away from me, well i know she's a good person and won't indulge in any bad act. I went to my room when my phone rang, it Loren and i picked up her call, it was a video call and i saw her crying.
"Loren are you okay? i asked so concern.
" dad slapped me just because of that girl who stole your necklace," she said, that must be Courtney she was referring to.
"am so sorry about that, but one i know your dad loves you so much and won't slap you without any reason," i said while she frown looking at me.
"is that all you could say, won't you help me punish that bitch, i want you to help me handle that Courtney," she said which make me chuckle. I will never do anything to hurt Courtney cos she has suffered a lot and i won't let Loren to hurt her either.
"it okay Loren, but she's just a poor girl, why not let it go," i said while she frown again.
"let it go! no Brown please you have to do something," she said.
"we gonna talk about this tomorrow Loren, please take care of yourself," i said then hunged up. No one will gonna hurt Courtney. i said to myself.
.
.
Wilson's POV
I don't know that make me to slap Loren but if i haven't done that she wouldn't have stop beating Courtney. Loren is so stubborn just like her mom, she refuse to talk nor greet me this morning, after breakfast this morning i went to check on her in her room.
"dad i want to be alone," she said.
"and i want to talk to you," i said then walked in.
"Loren am sorry for slapping you yesterday but i won't tolerate to see you maltreating or beating Courtney cos she's your sister," i said.
"she's not my sister," Loren yelled back.
"whatever, i just want you to know i love you so much and am sorry for everything," i said while she looked at me.
"i can only forgive you only on one condition," she said while i looked at her.
"mention anything," i said and she smiled.
"i want us to go for vocation without Courtney," she said while i was surprise to hear that.
"but why won't Courtney join us? i asked.
"have you forgotten next week saturday is your wedding anniversary with mom, so i want us to go for this vocation just the three of us, me, you and mom. I want us to reform our love again and be one big family, it being long since we had daughter and father talk and it been long also since you had a friendly talk with mom, i want everything to end dad, please Courtney is strong enough to take care of herself in this house while we go for the vocation," she said and i guess she was making sense. We need to spend time as family.
"Courtney can still go with us," i said when Courtney walked up to us.
"dad you've done enough to me already, i won't get mad if you go for the vocation, you need time to spend with you own family," Courtney said while i just nodded.
"it okay Loren, we really need time together to sort ourselves out," i said while Loren hugged me smiling, she seems so excited about it which i don't why.
.
.
.
Loren's POV
My plan worked out, i, mom and dad has already arrived to Paris, it such a lovely place, i just want us to reunite. Courtney is the main problem ever since she came into our family, now before we return back from this she'll be death and on one will gonna suspect me not even dad. I have told Anita to help me with this and she has also decided to help me. This vocation will gonna be the best thing ever, when we finally return back to canada we can buried Courtney and move on with our lives. I just brought some chocolates and went over to meet my mom and dad at the swimming pool. This actually the first time am seeing them talking so calm to each other after a very long time and i really like this.
.
.
Courtney's POV
The house is so bored cos am the only one living here with few of the maid in the house. Grandma on the other hand has also travelled. I really miss dad so much, i just entertain myself with music or sometimes with the piano.
It actually monday and today's work at the KFH was quite good but my mood changed when i saw Brown, as he walked up to me.
"Courtney, are you still mad at me? why did you keep on avoiding eyes contact with me," he asked holding my shoulders which make me shiver.
"am not mad at you Brown, i just want to be alone," i said while he looked at me, why did he like staring into my eyes.
"Mrs. Lyra lied to me, to my parents about your death, that woman is such a devil and i wish i could see and strangle her to death," he said looking so angry.
"that was all in the past Brown, i need to go, it already late," i said then quickly left. I checked my time and notice it was eight already and it getting dark. I hailed a cab and arrived back home, my head was really aching, staying in such a big mansion alone can be scary. All the maids and guard are in their lodge, i worked to my room and notice my room door was open and i was very sure i locked it before leaving. I walked in and notice my stuffs were all scattered, everything was ruined. I was shocked and was already scared, soon i heard some foot step behind me and my door was locked up immdiately, i quickly turn in panic to see the person but i only saw the shadow. I felt a sharp pain in my head, i guess someone just hit me, i fall to the floor and felt a strong arms carried me to the bed..
.
.
.
tbc
what did you think..??

0 comments:

Post a Comment