Tuesday, April 2, 2019

When Love Speaks Episode 4



When Love Speaks
Episode 4
Jewel stared silently at the lady who refused to reply his greetings. After a while of deafening silence, he spoke again.

"I want to apologize for how I
behaved in class today. I was really in a bad mood, that's why I did that. I'm very sorry." he apologized.

The lady looked up from her table once more and stared at him.

"so because you were in a bad mood, that's why you had to transfer your aggression to others" she said.

"I'm very sorry. I allowed myself to be controlled by my emotion. I'm not that rude. if you get to know me better, you will realize I'm a nice guy" Jewel said.

"what you did really got to me. it was not like I did anything wrong. I only took your book from the desk." she said.

"I'm really sorry." Jewel apologized.

"okay, I have heard you. I have even forgotten about it." she responded.

"so we are cool now." Jewel said.

"yeah" she responded.

"thanks." he said

"you are welcome" she responded.

"by the way, I'm Jewel"

"I'm Lucy" she responded.

"nice name" he said.

"thanks" Lucy responded.

Jewel and Lucy ate their food silently, and when they are done, they left the restuarant together.


**************************************


Jessica returned to her hostel  from lecture. She entered her room to see Angel already in the room. Angel was fast asleep. Jessica walked to her bed and tapped her. Angel reluctantly sat up on her bed.

"Angel, I didn't see you in class today. why didn't you come for lecture?" Jessica asked.

Angel hissed and ignored Jessica. Jessica stared at her confused. she couldn't understand why Angel just ignored her.

"Angel what's wrong?" she asked.

"why did you leave the hostel without informing me? you know very well that we were going for the same lecture. yet you left without waking me up" Angel said.

Jessica heaved a sigh of relief.

"I didn't go to class directly. I went to my cousin's hostel first, and we both went for lecture together." she responded.

"why didn't you wake me up at least?" Angel asked.

"I left very early. it was still dark when I left. I left by 6:15am, and our lecture was by 8:am. I didn't want to disturb your sleep " Jessica responded.

"you have a cousin in our department?" Angel asked.

"yes. same level with us." Jessica responded.

"who?" Angel asked.

"Lucy" Jessica responded.

"Lucy is your cousin?" Angel asked.

"yes she is." Jessica responded.
"Angel, are you angry with me? I'm sorry if I have done anything wrong."

"I'm not angry with you. I'm just in a bad mood" she responded.

"what happened?" Jessica asked.

Angel took her phone from her bed and showed to Jessica.

"look at what one idiot I encountered today did to my phone." she said.

" why will someone just damage your phone?" Jessica asked.

"This phone is not even up to a week. My uncle gave me this phone the day i move to my hostel. and one idiot just chose to damage it for me." she said.

"why will someone damage your phone?" Jessica asked.

"and the worst part was that he even insulted me. he called me a mad woman." Angel said, bitterly.

"what! why will someone damage your phone and still insult you for damaging your phone. I hope you didn't allow him to go free after what he did" Jessica said.

"he left before I noticed that my phone screen has broken " Angel responded.

"do you know him?" Jessica asked.

"I'm just seeing him for the first time. I wish I could see him again, then he will regret ever crossing my path." Angel responded.

"that guy is really something else. he damaged your phone and still insulted you for damaging it" Jessica said.

"please give me your note, let me copy what you did in class today" Angel said.

"okay" Jessica responded.

Jessica gave Angel her note and Angel busied herself with it immediately.


******************************************

Jewel entered his room to see Henry already in the room. Henry was lying on his bed. Jewel locked the door behind him and  walked to meet Henry.

"hey bro. I saw you in class today. does that mean we are also coursemates?" Jewel asked.

Henry didn't respond. he wasn't even looking at Jewel.
Jewel sat down beside him and place a hand on his shoulder.

"Henry, I'm very sorry for the way I behaved towards you yesterday. the truth is that, I was really in a bad mood. I shouldn't have transfer my anger to you. I'm very sorry" Jewel pleaded.

Henry turned to face him for the first time.

"what happened? who offended you? why were you in a bad mood?" Henry asked.

"my girlfriend of 5 years broke my heart" Jewel responded.

"why? how did it happen?" Henry asked.

"she gained admission into a university in the south-east. we didn't break up or had any misunderstanding. I thought we were still dating, but not until yesterday. I paid her a surprise visit in school only to see her with another guy, and she introduced the guy to me as her boyfriend." Jewel said, bitterly.

"so sad. This is why I don't like keeping long distance relationship. your girlfriend might have found another guy and move on, and you will be thinking you still have a girlfriend. Anyway, I will advise you to move on with you life, since she has already made it clear to you that she has a new boyfriend. you don't have to worry too much about it, because you will surely get someone better than her" Henry advised.

"That's what i'm trying to do. I want to forget about her and focus on my study" Jewel said.

"that's the best thing to do" Henry responded.

"thank you very much. thanks for understanding why I acted that way." Jewel said.

"we are roommates na. we are suppose to understand each other" Henry responded.

"so we are good now" Jewel said.

"yeah" Henry responded.

"okay thanks" Jewel said and went to lie on his bed.

He had reconciled with Lucy and Henry. he still had to reconcile with one more person, and that's Angel.


******************************************

Angel, Jessica and Lucy walked into the class for their first lecture of the day. the class was half filled when they got there. They located an empty seat and sat down. They waited silently for the lecturer to arrive.

Few minutes later, Jewel, Henry and Francis walked into the class. They went to the back seat and sat down. Angel stood up immediately she saw Jewel. This was the same guy she was dying to meet so that she could get her revenge on him. she didn't even allow them to settle down before she walked to meet them. she got to them and stood in front of Jewel. the three guys looked up to see Angel standing in their front. The look on her face was not funny. Henry waved at her, but she ignored him. she only focus her gaze on Jewel.
Jewel saw her glaring at him and tried to apologize for what he said to her.

"I'm very............."

"oh just shut up" she cut Jewel off.

Angel's voice attracted other student's attentions. everyone in class turned to face Angel and Jewel.

"who do you think you are?" she continued, not minding the stares.
"do you think you can just talk to me anyhow and go free. so you believe I will just let you be after what you said to me. have you seen me before, for you to rain all sort of insult on me. is that how you talk to everyone you come across. you must lack home training. I don't blame you. I blame your parent who didn't raise you up properly." she barked.

Jewel glared at Angel as she barked. he was already very angry. The fact that Angel had to involve his parent in it was what really annoyed him. He glared at Angel, without saying anything and Angel glared back at him.


"what is going on here" A voice suddenly sounded from the entrance.

Everyone turned their attention to the entrance to see the lecturer standing at the door. The look on his face was not funny. He slowly walked to the podium and faced the class.

"class rep" he called.

The class rep stood up immediately.

"sir" the class rep responded.

"can you tell me what the commotion in this class is all about" he said with a stern look.

"erm...... erm........" the class rep stammered.

"so you have suddenly lost your voice. do you think this is a market place where you can scream the way you like. maybe you have forgotten that you are in a university." he barked.

The class rep didn't respond. he only stared silently at the lecturer.

"I know what to do" the lecturer continued.
"tear a sheet of paper all of you, and space yourself"

He walked to the board and wrote 'first semester test' on it. He turned back to face the class.

"I said you should space yourself" he barked.

"please sir" the class chorused.

"will you shut up. do you think I came hear to joke" the lecturer barked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment